What is Employee Self-Service?
Employee self service, often abbreviated as ESS, is a special web based resource that gives employees of a business access to their personal benefits, payroll and leave information. By using ESS, employees can also update or change their personal information in the system, such as direct deposit and home address.
Employee self service has become a popular trend in human resources management because it gives the employee the ability to handle many job-related tasks, including both personal information and applications for reimbursement. If the employee did not have access to this great service, it would have fall to management or administrative staff to handle it.
How Do You Access Employee Self-Service?
You can access an employee self service portal several ways. For example, it can be made available through the company’s intranet or portal, through specialized kiosks at the business, online through a website or even confined to the business’ private network. If you are unable to manage your business’ HR needs, consider implementing ESS so your employees can handle more of their own HR tasks.
What Services Does Pacific Payroll Group Offer?
Pacific Payroll is proud to offer businesses and their employees access to their check stubs, time accruals, personnel information and more, all online. We can save you time and resources by giving your employees instant access to the information they need exactly when they need it.
Along with our Employee Self Service, Pacific Payroll can also provide:
- Payroll – The experienced team at Pacific Payroll can handle your payroll so you can focus on managing and running your business. We seamlessly integrate the payroll processes, payroll tax payments, time keeping, HR, 401(k) and even workers’ compensation insurance payments which reduces the time and cost it would take for you to handle your business’ payroll.
- Workers’ Compensation Insurance – California Workers’ Compensation and Payroll are available in one seamless solution with Pacific Payroll. We provide pay-as-you-go workers’ compensation insurance plans with top rated workers compensation insurance carriers at competitive rates. By choosing one of our partnerships we can easily upload your payroll data to the insurance carrier which will base your premium solely on the payroll hours. We can shop around and find the best insurance rate for you with no audit forms or estimated premiums.
- Payroll Time Clock –Pacific Payroll offer secure online time clocks that are both cost effective and easy to use. We know that the hassle of collecting time cards, adding hours and submitting them to your payroll professional is tedious and time consuming. We have eliminated this process with our time clock system which is synced to our payroll software. This makes a “hands free” payroll where you can still monitor your employees across the organization from the privacy of your home or office computer.
- Direct Deposit – If all of your employees are on direct deposit, our team can create a paperless payroll which will save you money as well as reduce waste for the environment.
With Pacific Payroll you will always have 24 hour, 7 days a week access to the information you and your employees want and need.
Why Choose Pacific Payroll Group For My Business Needs?
Pacific Payroll was founded to meet the demand for a payroll service company that is focused on payroll for small and medium sized businesses. We have made it our goal to be your payroll department, not just a call center. We are happy to offer advice, answer questions, educate about payroll taxes, handle reporting projects, and even keep up to date on new labor laws. The best part is that we can offer our services at a price small business can actually afford.
When you choose Pacific Payroll, there are a range of features and benefits you will gain including:
- Password protection to ensure only appropriate personnel access your self service portal
- Ability to track employee personal information including address and emergency contact information
- Employees can view, save and print copies of their pay stubs and other information online
- You and your employees can obtain copies of current and previous years’ W2s or 1099s
- Employees can receive a notification when they have been paid and when their paystub is viewable online
- Giving employees the ability to update their personal information including address, direct deposit account number or tax status
Can My Employees Safely Use Pacific Payroll’s Employee Self-Service?
Yes! Our special payroll software is built on Microsoft .NET security. This means that we use access control, security groups and group policies. To access the system, the user is required to supply their credentials. These credentials are preauthorized, predefined and required to adhere to our security standards. Without the proper credentials, a user cannot access the system
We secure physical data within our SQL Server database and always use security best practices. We encrypt all database connection strings and use robust authentication features. Our application also uses a remote entry technology, as opposed to HTTPS, to ensure a secure, encrypted connection is established between users on internal network resources and the Internet. This lets us use Transport Layer Security (TLS) for increased security. We also ensure that all data transmissions that are conducted through our applications are done so with 128-bit encryption which ensures the protection of all sensitive data.